Friday 5 June 2015

June ALYoF goal: Sea Star quilt

A few weeks ago I was sat in the dark settling Ms Bird and simultaneously scrolling through my Bloglovin' feed when I saw that Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs had put out a call for pattern testers for her Sea Star Quilt.

The finished baby size quilt top - it's been a while since I made anything bigger than a mini (too many swaps!)

Although I have never pattern tested before I thought "I could do that!" and promptly volunteered to test the baby sized version of the quilt. This year is all about trying new things for me. The timing worked quite well, as one of my dear friends was also expecting. Did you see how I said was? Her bundle of joy has arrived and the testing deadline is looming. What better way to kick my butt into gear than linking up to ALYoF? (Note: I would have got it done anyway!)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! I like the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Your fabric choices are spot on, lucky baby and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hayley, I love how your Sea Stars turned out. It is striking with the pools of the yellow gold at the opposite ends. It would make a lovely quilt for either baby gender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a darling pattern. Good luck on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Feel free to say hi. I'll do my best to reply back - sometimes work and chasing after Moo & Bird might make me tardy.