I have had the Alder skirt pattern by Imagine Gnats kicking around for ages waiting to get made. I have actually had the PDF taped together for nearly a year! Disgrace!
It was actually on my Q1 FAL list so I am glad to get it crossed off for Q2. And even though I am posting this in May, I actually finished it in April (just!) so it still counts for my garment a month challenge.
I whipped it out of some chambray and used this Tula Pink fabric for the accent pockets and whipped up View A with the cute centre pleat and sticky-out pockets.
Like all the other Imagine Gnats patterns I have made (Bess top and Roly Poly pinafore) this was a pretty straightforward make. I had to read some of the instructions several times, but I put that down to my inexperience and sewing late at night (sigh, the challenges of having to go to work all day. I do get great satisfaction from a well composed PowerPoint document though).
I also got to try some new (to me) techniques: darts and a blind hem (LOVE!). After this, my love affair with my blind hem foot for top stitching continues. I'll be honest, I struggle to sew in a straight line. The blind hem foot just makes it so easy.
Another skill I am yet to master is the selfie. So no good photos of me in the skirt. This was the best I could do.