Sunday 17 May 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Sapphire

This is my second entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival (see the first one here).



Another one that I have given away (sad face). 

My Sapphire mini was made as part of the #igminiozswap. I was inspired by Denyse Schmidt's Shoeman's Puzzle but I couldn't find a pattern anywhere so I drafted one up and paper pieced it. I used my stash and selected the fabrics with a goal of creating a gem like effect. 

Original planning


The quilt finishes at 24" square. 

I am entering it in the small quilt category

If you have come via the Festival, hi!! And feel free to stick around and check out some of my other stuff. 

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a beautiful mini quilt! I love your design, wonderful fabrics (I love blue colors) and nice quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the geometric shapes in this quilt, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern and lovely blues in this quilt. I think you'll be a winner. You will certainly be tough competition for me, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! Love the colors and the quilting. I may have to try this pattern. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to turn your sketch into reality! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Feel free to say hi. I'll do my best to reply back - sometimes work and chasing after Moo & Bird might make me tardy.