Friday 9 January 2015

Q1 FAL Goals

This year I have decided to join in with the FAL being hosted by Adrianne over at On the Windy Side (as well as a few other things - I am a joiner, I hate the idea of missing out). So here are my goals for Q1, I am going to group them by type just to take it easy on my brain.


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

Swap Goals

  • Schnitzel and Boo mini quilt swap - here is where I am up to, just waiting for the binding on. I was hoping to get it done the other day, but I couldn't work out how to back stitch on my new machine (sad) and had to do some unpicking and dig out the manual. Hence, it is still a to do. 


  • Rainbow mini quilt swap 

Birthday Club Goals
I am in a fab Aussie handmade birthday club. I am not showing what I am going to make because that would ruin the surprise, but rest assured that gifts will be going out in January and February (March is my month, hint hint). 

Clothes Sewing Goals
In line with my sew a garment a month I am planning on making a Wiksten Tank, a Bess Top and an Alder skirt. Hopefully achievable given my clothes sewing is currently limited to Staple dresses. I have my fabric all picked out and have taped together the pieces of the Wiksten and Alder Skirt. Oh my - that would have to be my LEAST favourite part of clothes sewing.

Quilty Goals
Unlikely to get these done but I'll throw them on all same same because miracles might happen. 

  • Swoon quilt. This quilt has been cut for over six months. My only excuse is that I really don't like sewing HSTs. Hmmm. 

  • Baby scrappy Union Jack for my English colleague who has a baby due on Australia Day. Of course, it is going to be backed in Terra Australis!

Other Misc Goals
Because I don't have enough, right? 

  • I'd like to make a Cargo Duffle with a neat little print I picked up on the cheap from Spotlight. 
  • In the recent Sew, Mama Sew giveaway day I won this sweet custom jelly roll and the Lucy Hobo pattern from Jennie at Clover and Violet (the sweetest lady) so I am keen to sew these up too. 

I think that's enough. The rest can wait til Q2! 

I am keen to see how many of these I can cross off my list. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Feel free to say hi. I'll do my best to reply back - sometimes work and chasing after Moo & Bird might make me tardy.